Saturday 6 August 2016

SOME AHADITH ABOUT RIGHTS OF PARENTS

Hazrat Abdullah bin Umr Al'Aas has narrated that a person came to Rasool Allah SAW and said, "Ya Rasool Allah! I have come to do Bayt (formal commitment) to you on two things, Hijrat (migration in Allah's way) and Jihad. And I am hoping to get Thawab (eternal reward) from Allah SWT for these." Rasool Allah SAW asked, "Are your parents alive?" He said, "Yes Ya Rasool Allah. Both of them are alive." Rasool Allah SAW asked, "Do you really want Thawab?" He said, "Yes Ya Rasool Allah." Rasool Allah SAW said, "Then rather than going for Jihad with me go back to your parents and look after them well."

There is another Hadith that once preparations were being made for Jihad. A person came to Rasool Allah SAW and said, "Ya Rasool Allah! I have come to join the Jihad." And then as a matter of pride said, "I had such strong desire to do Jihad that I have left my parents crying to come here." What he meant was that his parents didn't want him to leave and were not allowing him to come for Jihad, but he had come anyway leaving them crying because he had left them. Rasool Allah SAW said, "Now go back and make them laugh, and make them happy with you. You are not allowed to come to Jihad with me."

Copied from the talk "Looking after one's parents" by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani DB.

No comments:

Post a Comment