Friday 23 September 2016

HOW TO KNOW IF ONE'S IBADAT (PRAYER) HAS BEEN ACCEPTED?

Once a person asked Haji Imdad Ullah Mahajir Makki RA that Hazrat! I have been praying Namaz (Salah) for so long. I don't know whether it even gets accepted by Allah Ta'alah or not. Hazrat Haji sahib replied, Brother! when you do an Ibadat (prayer) and then Allah Ta'alah gives you the inspiration to do it a second time, then InshaAllah it is a sign that Allah Ta'alah has accepted your first Ibadat. And not because there was anything special about your Ibadat, but because He gave you the inspiration to do it. So never think of your Ibadat and good deeds as insignificant.

Moulana Romi has narrated a story of a Buzurg (pious man) in Masnawi that he kept offering prayers, fasting, and doing Allah's Zikr (remembrance) for a long time. Then one day he had a thought that I have been doing all these good deeds for a long time, but I have never received any sign from Allah Ta'alah that He has accepted my Ibadat. How do I know whether these prayers even do get accepted in Allah's court or not? One day he went to his Sheikh (spiritual teacher) and said that Hazrat! I have been offering prayers to Allah for so long but I have never received any acknowledgment from Allah Ta'alah. The Sheikh said, The fact that you are getting the inspiration to do Allah's Zikr, is an acknowledgment from Him. Because if He didn't accept your Zikr, He wouldn't have given you the inspiration to do more of it. You do not need to keep waiting for any signs from Him.

کہ گفت آں الله تو لبّیک ماست
زیں نیاز و درد و سوزک ماست

meaning that your saying Allah, Allah is My way of saying Labbaik to you. This is a reply to your Allah, Allah that I give you the inspiration to take my name again.

Adapted from the talk "Tawazu, a means of greatness", by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani DB

No comments:

Post a Comment