Saturday 13 January 2018

CONTROL YOUR ANGER: 28

THE STORY OF HAZRAT ALI RAZI ALLAH ANHU

Once a non-Muslim made some insulting comments about the Holy Prophet in front of Hazrat Ali RAA. Hazrat Ali RAA could not tolerate anyone saying anything derogatory about the Holy Prophet . He threw that person on the ground and got on top of him. When that person saw that he was powerless, he spat on Hazrat Ali’s RAA face. As soon as he did that Hazrat Ali RAA got up and let go of him. Someone said, “Hazrat! Now he was being even more insulting. Why did you let him go?” Hazrat Ali RAA replied, “Initially when I attacked him, it was out of love for the Holy Prophet because he had insulted him which made me angry. When he spat on my face I became even more angry. But if I hit him now it would have been for my own person, and not for the sake of the Holy Prophet . That is why I let him go.” This is a true example of following the Hadith مَن اَحَبَّ لّٰلہ، وَ ابغَضَ لّٰلہ. He expressed the anger to the extent it was allowed by Shariah, and as soon as he realized that from that point on the anger would be for his own self, he withdrew from it. These are the people about whom it is said,
کَانَ وَقّاَفَا عِندَ حْدودِ الّٰلہ

meaning these were the people who kept themselves within the boundaries set by Allah Ta’alah.

No comments:

Post a Comment